Another human has read the novel

Thought I ought to report that a volunteer reader of my novel The Crashpoint Cascade has finished it and has started feedbacking. And he is the reader that I knew would be the most detailed and picky and critical, which means I'm happy he finished first.

To all you others out there with a copy, you will no longer be first, but I eagerly await giving you second place. I need contrasting comments - that's always fun! What if First Reader leads me astray? Scifi can be a hard genre because it is a ton of subgenres with very loyal and picky fans. One genre failing is another's shining point (like long breathless dissertations on astrophysics - retch). Let's mix those comments up.

As usual, the comments coming in highlight many things that were nagging me in very quiet voices but I wasn't sure were legitimate. Now I know. So some fixing is underway.

In the meanwhile, there has been one short story and part of another novel (not a sequel) drafted. That may make the ToT sound like a writing machine, but keep in mind that 0 items have been submitted to anyone for publication, 0 things have been sold, and 0 have been published. And so it goes.

3 comments:

DaveS said...

ahh yeah! very cool! fine work to the first reader, and this is good impetus to read away for the silver medal! ahh ToT, this is cool to hear that you have a short story as well, what a cool genre! A toast to all this marvelous expression coming from the ToT!

Ron Toland said...

Congrats on getting full feedback!

I'm about halfway through the last section you sent me; should have it to you by the end of next week (I know, you've heard it before, but this time I promise I won't get sidetracked).

So, when do we get to read the short story?

Trackball of Truth said...

Ron-ma-buki, why did you fry poor Greedo?

The short story, The Gospel According to Officer Bruce, is available to all who want to read it. But you might want to finish your current reading first, eh? :)